Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Twists and Turns....

Yessss... so Sunday night/Monday morning was quite eventful...

You always wonder, but never want to find out the hard way *how* accessible your Surgeon is if you need him... well I know now mine calls back w/in under a minute, (at 1:15AM).  How I know that I wish to never need to test his timing again.

I went to do something and that lovely, nasty right side of mine... yes well it did something that sent the most excruciating pain I have felt in my entire life.  (NOTE: I have a high threshold for pain, and am no wimpy/whiner, when they took out my gall bladder I pulled the suture open.. and this pain trumped that in spades!)

It basically like popped and ripped through me with a searing fire that literally, truly took my breathe away and I saw stars.  I couldn't move, broke into a sweat... it was bad when I could stand up I had the room spins worse then any I've ever experienced on those very very rare <cough> nights of having perhaps one too many <cough cough>.   I thought I was going to hit the floor again.

I had to call my son, and at that point called the hospital.  The morale of the story is my Surgeon was so calm and now looking back I feel somewhat of an idiot... but he explained he though I either pulled a muscle and/or popped an internal stitch of which are common when patients begin moving around more etc.  For me to sit still for a couple of hours.  Take my pain meds. and if didn't feel better call the office in the morning.  However, if I were to experience *any* nausea, vomiting, and/or fever to go directly to the ER (my local one) for transport to the campus he works at. (There are multiple hospital campus' w/in their network one 5 mins from me, where he does surgery etc is an hour from me)

I sat until 3:30am, go up to go to the bathroom and... I had *no* pain.. like none... none of that pulling on the right etc that had been holding me back from moving etc.  Thus far... <knock on wood> it's stayed as such... I still am getting use to it but...  WOW

I'd never want to feel that pain again, but apparently whatever was "knotted" in there needed to pop... and the days are much easier now.   I don't even need my pillow pet to walk around as much now... which I don't know who is more thrilled my son, (as it's his), or me because I was getting some funny looks... LOL!!  (When I figure out how... I will have to post a picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment